There are holy places, holy things, and holy people. In John 2, Jesus cleanses the temple by making a whip of cords and driving out the people who were using it as a market and the animals they were selling. People can be holy, too. Jesus, of course; but also, you!
- Introduction: A young woman with a sense of the holy.
- The holiness of God’s temple and how it was abused.
- The action Jesus took.
- Holy spaces today and their proper use.
- Why Jesus considered his body to be a temple.
- His prophecy concerning his death and resurrection.
- How you are made holy by baptism and holy communion.
- You are holy to the Lord.