Audio Sermon on Luke 10:38-42
I wish I knew why so many of the things that demand my attention RIGHT NOW!! are unimportant. One thing I do know is that I have to make time for those that are really important. Most important of all is time with God’s Word. But you knew that, right? I invite you to spend some time listening and reflecting with me on the implications of this simple truth.
Here is the prose poem referenced in the sermon:
The time to hear is now
- before your ears grow dull so you cannot hear
- before you eyes are dimmed so you cannot see
- while your mind is sharp and your memory is good.
Now is the time to hide the Word of God in your heart, that it may be a comfort to you when you are old and death is coming up the walk.
Now is the time to serve
- while you still have your strength
- before things that you used to do without thinking become difficult
- before it hurts to get up and every step is painful.
Now is the time to hear and to serve.
- Both are important, but hearing is more important than serving
- for faith comes by hearing
- and hearing gives direction to our service.